Get Hands-On Automotive Training at Lincoln Tech
What will I learn in Auto Technology classes?
Automotive training at Lincoln College of Technology lets you learn from ASE-Certified instructors with years of professional experience. You'll receive personalized hands-on training that puts the tools you need to succeed as an automotive technician right in your hands.
Lincoln isn't your ordinary auto mechanic school - it's a place where your Automotive technical training takes shape, and includes:
- Working under the hood in auto bays inside our fully-equipped auto shops featuring computerized diagnostic equipment and specialty tools.*
- Assembling and dissecting engines, transmissions and transaxles from cars and trucks.
- Learning how to diagnose no-start/no-fuel problems and how to operate exhaust gas analysis equipment and determine necessary actions.
- Fun, interactive learning techniques such as web-based information retrieval systems, where professors use a projector to ask questions, and students respond by using a "clicker" to chime in with their answers.
- "Driving Your Performance" orientation class that talks to you about what you can expect, what you'll learn and explains what Lincoln's role is in your educational training.
What kind of auto technician careers will I be prepared to work in?
At Lincoln's automotive technology schools, you'll get ready to shift into high gear with a career in the automotive industry. You'll be prepared to pursue entry-level employment opportunities at as an automotive technician at car dealerships, independent automotive shops, service centers, fleet maintenance departments and more! As new makes and models continue to hit the market, so does the need for qualified technicians to repair and maintain these new technologies, parts and intricate systems. And to help you find companies that need people just like you, Lincoln's Career Services department can help connect you to our industry contacts!
Learn how to fix the cars you love to drive - enroll in automotive technical training at Lincoln, and get on the path to a successful automotive career!
*Campus equipment and machinery varies by school.